Wednesday, May 21, 2008

most of this is not-taking manual live-blogging from mostly tonight but basically all day.

toby thompson is doing a book signing for his book "positively 4th st: minnesota's bob dylan" at dylan days in hibbing, mn. my aunt is getting me a signed copy. ((thanks auntie sharon)) also, there will be more posters and maybe a plane ticket.

i went to cool beans to watch the keyboard/singer from congratulations do some solo shit. when i was at the bar there were three ultra-southern-hick dudes that had just arrived and one turned to me and just said "hey, baby, you single?" umm... you're thirty-five and... ew.

later they were asking the bartender if some bar down fry street was a gay bar. it's summer and the college kids are leaving, so don't touch me ever and fucking get out of my town and can i get a shiner draft, please?

the chairs that i was sitting on ((there were several different types)) were like the grade k chairs in mrs. bogie's class. the cracked fiberglass ones that were waay comfortable... and since being drunk brings you back to grade k, they were equally comfortable.

also there was this jewel.

mengtar said:

can i get two shiners and a shot of beam?

cute dude in white shirt said:

you should get two.

mengtar took her shot and said:

he's not that cute.

cute dude in white shirt was in the middle of a drink and spit beer everywhere all zach morris on saved by the bell style and i smiled and walked away. thoroughly pleased.

tonight may have been stranger small talk for blog appreciation appreciation night. appreciation was meant to be in there exactly that amount of times. get over it.

also, i bought more rum and windsor. so... canadian whiskey night might be on wednesday... tomorrow... well... today. thanks dadx.

i broke my non-beer-drinking streak of two days. but it was for the show of someone absolutely worth it... so it might not count.

sometimes you're just an object to me.

full out amber alerts for my sweatshirt of absolute comfort from a couple posts ago.

maple leaf rag. 2nd grade, fuckers. get over yourself... nah... i love that kid.

i will accept your repayments at any time. make it worth it.

also, you're a story ruiner. just because you read my blog doesn't mean you can't pretend haven't heard it.

just buy my beers until forever because my patience is valuable and gas isn't cheap.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I had Mrs. Bogie too (afternoon class I think)! I will never forget this: she told us to listen closely to babies, because they might be speaking foreign languages.......yup, that's when I knew she was nuts.

    ReplyDelete