Monday, December 10, 2007

one year ago today...

tonight was a night of nights.

first, I read my post from drunk last night. wowsers. I don't even know.

I worked. whatever.

John and I drove to Dallas to watch Austin Ford's band play in some Battle of the Bands. The first band was this crazy metal trip. The drummer had a small tom covered with yellow zebra-print fabric. They all wore stone-washed jeans. ((not metal)) and polo shirts. ((also less-than-metal)) they had 2 singers ((well... screamers)) a drummer and a keyboard player. the keyboard player was my favorite. he looked like he was 12 and was wearing a backpack. occasionaly he would also sing, but it was super highpitched and Austin and I would look at eachother and laugh ultra-hysterical-like every time. It was great.

After them, we had to leave because John found out that it is his dad's birthday and he is in a play.

I felt really bad that John had spent much money on gas, parking, admission and dinner and we couldn't stay to see Austin's band. and the fact that we had to ditch Austin. I hope they still did well without me getting all loud and drunknoxiuos.

so we had to come back to Denton. His dad's play was actually a Madrigal Dinner. He was the "fool" ((court jester)) He did very well. He has a good voice and is a very animated actor. This was the first time I had seen him act, and maybe the first time I saw a REAL smile on his face, even though it was still an acting-smile.. Word.

Apparently I offended him later. We came back to his parents' house afterwards to watch the rest of the Cowboys-Saints game. The Saints were ahead by quite a bit and his dad was being super crabby-pants about TO dropping and shit. ((understandably, sounds like my dad when he watched Culpepper after his prime season. notice how season was singular.)) whatever. I said some things about the game, nothing against the Cowboys and apparently they were taken offensive and I didn't get a goodbye hug.

Whatever.

I understand that John was raised under the rule of elders. However, I hate the feeling that his dad is always talking down to me. I have respect for my elders, however, just because 21 is young doesn't mean that I don't have an opinion or that I should have to bite my tongue any more than anyone else.

I wish I had been more drunk.

Frustrating.

Oh yeah, John bought me a stapler too.

No comments:

Post a Comment