Tuesday, April 15, 2008

i'm sitting at jupiter house in my summer clothes and winter scarf. it's one of my favorite combinations.

my afternoon has been nothing short of pleasant. i am officially unwanted by the city of denton, denton county, and the state of texas. a relief.

best friend and mAx are teaching me how to play dominos tonight so i can join their dominos tournament. i'm beyond excited. anyone else want in?

so far a total of seven strangers have sat next to me and didn't want to talk. still pleasant. however, there is this other guy with scraggely hair that comes in a lot and wears faded black levis and non-hooded sweatshirts ((which are just awkward)) and sits by me or stands near me or just plain hovers around waiting for me to talk to him and one time i made the mistake of making eye contact and smiling and he talked at me for fifteen minutes about his failed marriage and how they have a landscaping business together even though they're divorced.

don't. care.

anyway, he is sitting near me now and i know he's waiting for me to look up from my book or laptop so that he can get some words in.

this wouldn't be a problem if i didn't have to pee so bad. i can't take my laptop with me, so i'll have to take my headphones off eventually... how problematic.

also, it's the top of the ninth and the twins are down by two against detroit, which is particularly frustrating because we had been up the whole game until they scored three runs at the bottom of the eighth. le sigh... RALLEY CAPS!

oh good, old cowboy man with the cane and fun hats showed up. he provides a save of the highest caliber... he just pulls the crazy old man card and pulls up a seat and starts talking about random old cowboy things. i'm not sure if he intends to save me from awkward situations or if it actually excites him and he thinks that i'm just having a "social-day". either way, it's appreciated.

top of the ninth, 5-6... BLAAAGH INTENSITY!!!

good, the weird guy in the faded black levis is reading a paper now rather than staring at my feet.

i think from now on i should just live-blog everything that i'm doing during twins games. that should be my blog. no stories unless it happened during the twins game. and i can only write it during the games... i'll work on that for next season. or maybe another book. ha! that would imply that i'm going to finish this book. oh, dread.

FUCK YOU, DETROIT!

1 comment:

  1. Not to make you jealous or anything, but I'm going to the Twins game tomorrow night!!!

    ReplyDelete